made by Polygrand Chemical
Thermoset Applications for Rubber Industry
Polygrand Topren® Chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) elastomers have very good heat, oil and weather resistance making them well suited for a wide range of applications.
- Wire and Cable: Excellent overall properties and lower cost make Topren® Chlorinated Polyethylene (CPE) the material of choice for insulation and jackets
- High Performance Hose and Tubing: Excellent overall properties and lower cost make Topren® Chlorinated Polyethylene (CPE) the material of choice for high performance hose and tubing
- Other Applications: Topren® Chlorinated Polyethylene (CPE) is use alone or in combination with other elastomers to make Sponge, Gaskets and Molded goods
Impact Modification for Rigid Vinyl Applications
Topren® Chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) modifiers provide excellent impact resistance and ductility to the entire range of rigid PVC applications, including vinyl siding, fence, window profiles, and pipe. The range of use extends to PVC cap stocks, based on proven weatherability of CPE-modified compounds. Specialized Topren® CPE grades provide enhanced efficiency with an excellent combination of processing characteristics.
- Vinyl Siding: CPE is the modifier of choice for cost/performance efficiency in vinyl siding substrate, providing toughness at low temperatures, ductility, and a high capability for filler acceptance. Good weatherability for CPE-modified compounds extends the range of application to the siding capstock.
- Fence/Deck: CPE provides excellent impact properties, filler acceptance, and ductility in vinyl fence substrate, and can also be utilized in capstock applications.
- Window Profiles: CPE is used extensively, alone or in blends with acrylic impact modifiers, to achieve a desirable combination of ductile impact and processing performance. CPE-modified profiles are characterized by improved low temperature properties and corner-weld strength
- Pipe: CPE finds use in pipe applications, typically in specialty PVC pipe, CPVC pipe, electrical conduit, and any highly-filled compounds in this category.